How to Deactivate WordPress Plugins from Your Website
(Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel here)
There are times where you decide a WordPress plugin is no longer wanted or needed on your website. There will also be times when a plugin is causing errors and issues on your website.
This will lead you to the decision that it’s time to deactivate the plugin and stop it from running on your website.
To deactivate your plugin(s), follow these steps:
- Click on the Installed Plugins menu item (it can be found by hovering “Plugins” from your WordPress dashboard)
- Once you’re on the installed plugins page, find the plugin you want to deactivate
- Underneath the plugin name, click the word “deactivate”
- Wait for the page to refresh automatically
- Delete the plugin so it no longer takes up space and memory on your website
Step #5 is important because plugins can slow down your website if you have too many. Therefore you want to delete any plugins you are not using.
If you plan on using a plugin again in the future however, then simply reinstall it at a later time or keep it in your installed plugins page but leave it deactivated for the time being.
Have You Seen My Courses Students Love?
Check out some of these blogging courses and resources that students send me thankful emails for on a weekly basis. These will help you build your blog, social media, and email marketing the smart way so you see success faster and learn from the failures of others to save you time:
- Profitable Blogger – How to start a money making blog in 30 days
- Profitable Pinterest Traffic – How to grow a large following and send loads of traffic to your website using Pinterest
- Profitable Email – How to set up email marketing to connect with your audience, sell products, and grow your online business income
- The Ultimate Resource List for Bloggers – Tools and Softwares Nick Recommends
P.S. If you’re not on my email list and part of my email community, sign up below! I’ll send you weekly tips and lessons to help you build your blog and online business!
Free 7 Day Course - Launch Your Blog
Start and launch your blog in just 7 days following the videos and steps in my FREE email course. Plus get access to bonus resources. Get started today!