How to Make Money With WooCommerce
Have you ever considered making money with WooCommerce? If that’s the case, you’re in for a treat! In this guide, I’ll go through what you need to know about WooCommerce and 7 proven ways that have helped millions of people earn big bucks with WooCommerce.
Let’s dive in!
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is the most common WordPress plugin that allows you to create an online store. It transforms the WordPress operating system into a fully functional eCommerce shop.
It has grown to become the most widely used eCommerce platform in the world, with millions of small and large businesses using it (online stores). Users may use it to create an eCommerce website from the ground up or to add shopping cart features to an existing website.
According to data gathered by BuiltWith, WooCommerce is used by over 28% of all online stores (as of 2020), which is higher than famous platforms like Shopify (20%) and Magento (12%).
The report also shows that WooCommerce is used by 3,876,748 live websites, which is 2.6 million more than Shopify (Over 1.2 million businesses use Shopify to sell online).
Why is WooCommerce Widely Used?
- WooCommerce is a free and open-source e-commerce platform. To open a store, you don’t need to be an expert programmer.
- WooCommerce is compatible with all types of devices. People are increasingly shopping on their smartphones, and WooCommerce is ready to meet their needs.
- WooCommerce can be customized. You can add all sorts of new features to your store using “plugins” and you don’t need any technical skills to do so.
- WooCommerce is designed to look the way you want it to. You can monitor the appearance of your store using a feature called “themes,” which requires no technical knowledge.
- WooCommerce is very secure.
Key Features of WooCommerce
- Product reviews and ratings.
- Stripe and PayPal are used to process payments.
- Credit cards, direct bank transfers, checks, and cash on delivery are all accepted.
- You can add a variety of shipping options, such as pick-ups or local deliveries.
- You may add a flat rate, free shipping, or specific prices for each product when setting up shipping rates.
- Show tax choices based on the shipping address, billing address, or operating address of your store.
How to Make Money on WooCommerce
#1 Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a form of marketing where you promote other people’s products and get a share of their profits. On WooCommerce, you can add a product to your website and include any details you want just as though you are selling it yourself.
The site allows you to build a product page to provide the potential buyer with even more detail about the product before they proceed to the other site to make a purchase.
If you use a WooCommerce extension like Product Retailers, you can add several retail links to a single product. This means that if you like, you can direct your visitors to Amazon, eBay, or any other retailer you are affiliated with.
To start an affiliate store, you must first join and be accepted for an affiliate program. Then you’ll need a WordPress site with WooCommerce enabled and a theme that’s fitting for the products you’re selling. Starting an affiliate store is a perfect way to make money on WooCommerce.
- You can build a product page to give customers more details about the product.
- You add several affiliate links to a single product if you are using Product Retailers.
- You can customize your page with a theme that is fitting for your product.
#2 Create & Sell Your Online Course
With WooCommerce, selling an online course is a perfect way to make money online. The greatest advantage of selling a digital course is that you just need to make the product once, and then you can sell it as much as you want.
They can be hosted online, and new copies can be made and sold immediately, making it easier to expand the company and earn money.
Online courses come in a variety of formats, including animations, multiple choice quizzes, text-based lessons, Ebooks, and more. Selling online courses can be a lucrative business.
Also, you can make use of Sensei, a WooCommerce plugin for your online course management.
- You only need to create the products once and you keep selling.
- You can earn huge amounts of money by selling online courses.
- It is hosted permanently on WooCommerce even if you stop selling for some time, you can start again whenever you wish to.
#3 Dropshipping Service
Dropshipping is a method of selling goods that aren’t held in stock. Instead, if a customer places an order on your site, it is purchased from the seller, who then delivers it to the customer. This allows you to sell online without having to deal with any inventory.
Starting a dropshipping business with WooCommerce is a good one if you’re looking for a low-cost business idea.
Dropshipping allows you to sell online without having to deal with any inventory. You profit by listing the commodity for sale at a higher price than your supplier.
Dropshipping is one of the easiest ways to start selling online because you don’t have to purchase or store inventory. The only cost associated with dropshipping is the initial setup of your online store. You might need to
- It requires almost no capital to set up. The only cost it requires is to set up your online store.
- You don’t have to deal with any inventory.
- You receive your profit automatically when sales are made.
#4 Sell a Professional Service
WooCommerce allows you to sell any type of service, such as coaching, consulting, website maintenance, WordPress plugin development, SEO, or marketing services.
You don’t require any start-up capital. All you have to do is build a page with a form for users to fill out to request more details.
As a coach or consultant, your clients can also book reservations with you on the site, making things easier for you.
You could also upsell your services on WooCommerce using some plugins, for example, if you’re a website designer, you could sell website templates as well as services such as maintenance, training, and other services.
you could sell a web design package.
- You don’t need any startup capital.
- You get to promote your service to a wide network of potential clients who require it.
- You could upsell your products and services.
#5 Create an Online Store for Your Physical Products
By setting up an online store for your physical products, you’ll open up your business to a broader audience of potential buyers.
You could set up an online store for any of the following products or services:
Clothing store, Pharmacy, Spa and salon, Restaurant reservations, Sports equipment stores, Book Shops, Outdoors and camping stores, Vitamin and supplement stores, and many others.
Selling your products on WooCommerce increases your reach around the country and the world. Giving millions of people access to your goods would dramatically improve your consumer base and profit potential.
Also, you can easily accept reservations from a larger number of people. You have the option of serving customers only in your city or expanding to neighboring cities and locations.
- It requires no investment capital.
- It increases your business reach in the country and around the world. It opens you up to a broad audience of potential buyers.
- It can help you improve your business sales drastically.
#6 Create A Membership or Subscription Site
Your most devoted fans would be willing to pay to read more of your work. You can give them access to a members-only area where they can share more detailed blog posts, downloads, videos, audio content, and other resources.
Since you must constantly produce exclusive content for your paying members, it requires a time commitment. However, since they are recurring sales, they can be very profitable.
Adding a WordPress membership plugin to your site makes it easy to set up a membership account.
- You get the benefit of a consistent income.
- A membership site is a way of building thought leadership in your industry.
- It’s a very lucrative business.
#7 Sell Tickets or Advertise an Event
WooCommerce also allows you to make money while selling tickets and advertising events. Businesses would pay to meet your audience if you already have one, so this strategy works well if you already have one.
You may want to promote local events, conferences in a specific field, or even webinars or live streaming events.
You might also use a form plugin to collect additional information when someone buys it, or redirect them to a page where they can send additional information after they buy it.
- It’s a cool way of making money if you have an online presence or audience.
- You don’t need any investment.
- Businesses are always looking for ways to sell their tickets and so there’s a ready market for you.
To make a living, you don’t have to be a tech genius. If you can do all of the above and can sell yourself or your product, you’ll have a lot of opportunities to make a lot of money with WooCommerce. Also, determine what your target audience desires; this will put you on the right track.
Follow our step by step guide to set up your website and install the WooCommerce plugin to build your eCommerce store online.
Do you have any other ideas for making money online through WooCommerce? Would love to hear them in the comments section.