Landing Pages Will Be Your Blog’s Best Friend
Are you new to blogging? Confused by all the terminology being used in Facebook groups and online forums?
You know, words like Landing Pages, Email Opt-in, WordPress, Website Hosting, Domain Names, etc.
If so then you may want to enroll in my FREE 7 day email course, Launch Your Blog. You’ll get brought up to speed on all of the basics!
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a web page you create specifically for a group of people to land on to see targeted information and products you are selling or to capture their email address. Once you have their email address they become a lead that you can market to using your email marketing campaign software.
It’s basically a sales page where you are selling someone into giving up their email in return for a free giveaway or selling someone into buying a product or service you offer.
You’ll use this page to inform them about all of the features and benefits they are receiving when they buy this product.
If you communicate the benefits and features well enough, the product will sell itself. This way you don’t come across as a slimy salesman, which is what you don’t want to be nor do.
The terminology may differ as you may hear it called a landing page, sales page, or some other variation but they all are one in the same.
It’s a place to capture leads or convert fans and visitors into paying customers. Some people may get technical and split them into two separate pages; a sales page is for products and a landing page is for capturing leads contact information (email address).
Now that we’ve covered the “what is it” phase, let’s look into why it’s critical to have one.
Bonus Resource: 6 Types of Blog Posts that Get More Clicks and Readers
Why It Is Critical to Have a Landing Page?
A lot of companies and newbies will send their email, social media, or paid advertising traffic to their home page and this is a huge beginner mistake. When you have an audience you know will be coming to your website, you want to send them to your landing page which is a page strictly dedicated to turning them into leads or sales.
With a sales page, you are able to go all out selling your service or product unlike your home page which needs to be non-sales focused in order to get people to stick around and read your content. The sales page is where you’re allowed to sell your customer because they are there for a specific reason to see what you are offering and essentially are giving you permission.
If you’re trying to convert a visitor into an email marketing lead, then you need an email optin form on the landing page.
Capturing their email allow you to communicate with them and build a relationship with them outside of your website. They may not stop by your website everyday so sending them targeted educational emails will help you craft this connection and earn their trust to eventually pitch a product or service to them that solves a problem they have.
You should always know what your customers need and what problems they have before designing products. This will help the products sell themselves.
How a Landing Page Works?
Let’s say you are planning to offer a live webinar showing people how to cook a certain recipe. You would build the landing page first and then drive traffic to it by promoting the page link to your social media accounts, your email marketing list, or through paid advertising (Facebook ads). Simple.
Overtime you may need to tweak the page’s design to convert more traffic into leads or customers if you’ll feel it’s not converting as well as it could be.
You’ll send people to your landing page by inserting links to that specific page in your other web pages and blog articles on your website. You can also create call to action buttons that link to this landing page.
5 Key Elements of a Landing Page
- Target Niche – you need to know the customer you are targeting. Know the problems they need solved and highlight these as bullets on your landing page. You can pose these problems as questions, for example, “are you struggling to get out of debt?”
- Simple, Good Looking Design – you want the landing page to be attractive visually but not over crowded with too much information or design. Keep it simple by including a headline, a few bullets, your solution, why they should optin, an image or two, and then the optin form to capture their email or sales button to join/purchase.
- A Strong, Catchy Headline – you want to peak your viewers interest and get them to read the rest of the text on your page. It all starts with having a clear, specific, and catchy headline.
- An Offer They Can’t Refuse – your leadmagnet, the offer you are giving them in return for an email address, needs to be tough to refuse. You can split test different giveaway items to see which has the best conversion rate and tough to refuse by the customer.
- The Sign Up Form – include an email field, and possibly the first name field if you want to personalize emails in your email marketing software. To design great looking sign up forms use Optinmonster
Additional things to include on your landing page:
- A call to action button
- An image of the giveaway or product
- Bold text highlighting key benefits your service, product, or giveaway offers the customer
- Money back guarantee sticker if you’re page is trying to make a sale
- “We will not spam you” message if your trying to collect an email
If you’re looking to start your own website or online business, I recommend you check out my guide: 20 steps to starting an online business for extra profit as it will walk you step by step through the process I used to earn $2,000+ per month in online income in my first year as a blogger.
I’ve also written this massive guide: How to Start a WordPress Website in 20 Minutes or Less
Don’t miss the beginning articles to this series:
- Welcome to AskNickFoy.com
- What is Website Hosting
- What is a Domain Name
- What is WordPress
- What is Email Marketing
If you want step by step lessons, worksheets, and videos on how to build a money making blog from scratch in 30 days or less, then you may want to check out my eCourse – Profitable Blogger.
It comes with everything you need to get started and teaches you not only how to start your blog but also how to drive massive amounts of traffic to it and converting these website visitors into email subscribers or customers so you can start making money quickly form your blog. Plus lots more. Get started today!
If you enjoyed today’s article, feel free to use the share buttons below! Thanks (:
Free 7 Day Course - Launch Your Blog
Start and launch your blog in just 7 days following the videos and steps in my FREE email course. Plus get access to bonus resources. Get started today!