What’s the Hardest Part of Blogging as a Business
Running a blog can be lots of fun and very profitable if you’re blogging as a business. It can also be very stressful and difficult if you don’t have systems set in place.
A question I thought of the other day that would be of high value to my readers is “What is the hardest part of being a blogger?”
I’ve been running my oldest blog, GolfPracticeGuides.com, for over 2 years now and turned it into a 5 figure business. It hasn’t been easy, but it’s been very rewarding and become a lot more fun as the months progress and the income increases.
I would say that the hardest part of blogging is managing everything and trying to do it all yourself.
Trying To Do Everything Yourself
There are so many different parts to running a blog as a business that require many different skill sets.
While you could go the DIY route and try to learn everything in every aspect of your business, you’re likely better off learning what to outsource to other people.
This will make running your online business much easier and can speed up your growth.
Here are some but not all of the tasks you may face:
- Choosing a website hosting service
- Choosing a domain name (website URL)
- Installing WordPress
- Choosing a website theme
- Designing the layout of your website
- Creating the pages to your website
- Writing blog posts & editing blog posts
- Designing photos for your website
- Scheduling your blog posts
- Optimizing your blog posts for Search Engines (SEO)
- Setting up social media accounts for your online business
- Creating content to post to your social media
- Scheduling automated social media posts vs manually posting each day
- Managing comments & spam
- Dealing with issues that pop up on your blog
- Connecting with other bloggers & influencers
- Starting an email list
- Writing an email auto-responder series to send to new email subscribers
- Optimizing landing pages & sales pages to convert readers into subscribers or customers
- Creating products and online courses to sell
- And much much more!
This list is just a small preview of the many tasks of a blogger and online business owner.
If you check out my online course, Profitable Blogger, we cover everything listed above and more! We get pretty advanced in addition to covering the basics so it’s a great resource for both beginner and advanced bloggers.
Click Here to Learn More About Profitable Blogger
Learn to Outsource Tasks
I had lots of free time on my hands in college to watch tutorials and figure it all out for myself.
As I’ve grown though, I’ve started learning to outsource tasks to other people, freelancers, companies, etc. to save myself time and automate parts of my business.
For example, you could hire a web designer to set up your website initially and get it running.
If you don’t like writing and the time it takes to craft each blog post, you could hire someone to write for you.
If you don’t like the editing phase, you could hire someone else to go through the post and edit it for grammar, spelling, etc.
If you don’t understand Search Engine Optimization (SEO) then hire a freelancer who is an SEO expert that can review your website pages and blog posts for ways to improve their search engine ranking.
You’ll need to determine what tasks are most important to you to do yourself and figure out how you can outsource the rest to speed up the growth of your blog and online business.
Running a blog takes a lot of time as mentioned, but if you create systems then you’ll be able to cut down your hours while still getting lots of work done and moving forward with positive momentum.
If you want step by step lessons, worksheets, and videos on how to build a money making blog from scratch in 30 days or less, then you may want to check out my eCourse – Profitable Blogger.
It comes with everything you need to get started and teaches you not only how to start your blog but also how to drive massive amounts of traffic to it and converting these website visitors into email subscribers or customers so you can start making money quickly form your blog. Plus lots more. Get started today!
Click here to learn more about Profitable Blogger
If you enjoyed today’s article, feel free to use the share buttons below! Thanks (:
Here are several resources I highly urge you to read to help you succeed in starting your profitable blog or online business:
- How to Start a WordPress Blog in 20 Minutes
- The Step by Step Tutorial to Mastering WordPress as a Beginner
- How I Built a 5 Figure Per Year Online Business
- 5 Ways to Earn $500 per Month Online
Here are my top recommended resources I use in my business to run my blogs:
- Bluehost – a self-hosted website service provider that makes your website professional and gives you advanced features that free website providers can’t offer
- Namecheap – who I purchase my website domains from for $10/year
- ConvertKit – my email service provider that manages my email list and subscriber newsletters
- OptinMonster – the email capture form service that creates high converting opt in forms for building my email list
- Clickfunnels– the company I use to build high converting sales pages, landing pages, and opt-in pages for growing my email list and revenue
If you’d like to receive helpful tips and lessons for starting and growing your online business, then please subscribe to my email newsletter community. I send you my best content and resources each week to your inbox for you to consume and grow your knowledge.
Best of luck!